The Undermarket
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Undermarket

The Super Secret Message Board of the Glorious Updock Inc.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Application: Van Williams (Dexter)

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Application: Van Williams (Dexter) Empty Application: Van Williams (Dexter) Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:32 pm

Dexter

Character Information

*In-Game Name: Dèxter

*"Real" Character Name: Van Williams

Used name:
Van Williams

Nickname(s): Dexter (???)

*In-Game Age:
30 (???)

*In-Game Occuptation: Seasoned Shady Merchant probably.

*In-Game location of residence: Stormwind City's Mage Quarter

*(Brief) history of character:

-> Whereabouts of his childhood and early adulthood are mostly known only to him, being something he'd have a hard time not lying about anyway.
-> He is Gilnean of birth, though his accent would hardly help someone assume that.
-> It is presumed that he was part of a criminal organization some time in the past. Rumors n'all.
-> Former member of the Alliance Arcane Assembly.
-> Former member of the Boodied Crown.

There are more things I could tell about it, but I prefer doing so in private rather than spoil it here. I know it's not going to be used IC, but it will remove some of the pleasure of finding it out yourself.

*Argent Archives profile link: (if none set "None" - make one and replace the "None" to the actual link)

http://www.argentarchives.org/node/50172
Argent Archives came back online, changed the URL accordingly. - Dyrack

*Reason to join an illegal organisation:

Presumed to have a burning desire of having deep connections in the underworld, for unknown reasons however. Perhaps the desire of getting rich, though he wouldn't seem to lack the coins.

Personal Information

*Motivation of joining the Undermarket; what do you think to learn/experience with us?

Well Dyrack does know, since I've talked with him before, what I had in mind for this character and what he actually does IC. Nevertheless, I want to actually help out one proper criminal group flourish, in any way I can. I will actually talk more about this with the officers of the guild, or maybe just with the guild master, rather than destroy what would be an interesting RP through spoilers. Razz

What I want to experience is actual, proper criminal role-play where people don't wander around in retarded masks acting like total bad-ass retards all over the place as if the common man would be afraid of them, in a city where everyone is perfect, muscular and handsome (like Dexter here for instance).

*Years of roleplaying experience and how?

Almost two years I think. Dexter was my main RP character in these years, but I've played two others as well (luckily, I was able to actually erase a part of the RP I've done with him, otherwise I would've had to actually start all over again due to the quality of the said RP - I was a rookie n'all...).

I am also proud to say that I am the only proper dragonsworn RP'er in a while. It's bold, I know, but I haven't met any others to dare and role-play something like that regardless of the crap on the forums. Why I think of myself as that good with it? Because it wasn't public knowledge. It wasn't overpowered. And it was fun for a handful of people who, unfortunately, aren't role-playing anymore.

Now I'm playing Dexter and another mage character, Thømas, who's an instructor in the Red Tower and who I unfortunately didn't get the chance to RP much with...

*Average time and days of being online:

Well WoW time is RO time -1. So basically at 12 PM in WoW, the clock ticks 1 AM here. I can theoretically play every day, but some times I might not be able to or even feel like it. Also, on Tuesdays, Fridays and Sundays, I have raids planned with Dexter - which theoretically means that I won't be able to RP. I can, and will if neccesary, not sign for a raid if we've an event going on.

2Application: Van Williams (Dexter) Empty Re: Application: Van Williams (Dexter) Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:22 am

Crude

Enforcer
Enforcer

Right, I have a couple of thoughts on this application.
But first, do note that I'm not an officer, and what I'm saying is simply my personal opinion.

Right, here we go.
There's a few things that rub me the wrong way with this application. The first is that after your nickname and age you put "(???)" Are you uncertain about the age? If you wanted to convey that we wouldn't be certain, writng 30ish would be better. Same with the ingame occupation, the probably behind it looks like you don't know what he does.

Another is your emphasis on being the only proper dragonsworn RPer, that's not something you can be sure of. And especially if the only proper way to play them, is as you say by having almost noone know you are one.

And while it is supposed to be a brief background, during my time as an officer in another guild, I would never have accepted that little information about a character beforehand. What we basically are told is that we don't know anything, except for a rumor that he was a part of a criminal organisation. And that he's been in Alliance Arcane Assembly, and the Bloodied Crown. While I understand you wish us to discover the past, a little more information about your character would only work in your favor.

Once again, this is only my personal opinion.

Edit: It's not in any way my intention to be agressive towards you. I can't judge you as a roleplayer until I've seen more of how you roleplay, and know a bit more about your character. I'm only pointing out a few things that immediately seemed off to me in your application.

In either case, nice to see an application, and good luck with it!
//Crude

3Application: Van Williams (Dexter) Empty Re: Application: Van Williams (Dexter) Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:43 am

Annely

Annely

Tossing this lad an IC interview cat

http://storybook.forumotion.net/

4Application: Van Williams (Dexter) Empty Re: Application: Van Williams (Dexter) Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:05 am

Dyrack

The Boss
The Boss

Although I do agree slightly with Crude - you already said you would explain/reveal slightly to officers and/or myself. I'm going to get in touch with you as soon I am back online again, which would be tomorrow or so.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum